Annual 340B Trends and Hot Topics Learning Module
Published in 340B Report
March 17, 2022
With so many competing priorities dominating each workday, it can feel overwhelming to keep track of the latest developments that affect the 340B Program. For 340B stakeholders responsible for maintaining compliance, operating a strong program, and maximizing their resources in this complex and ever-changing landscape, keeping up with policies and operational best practices is mission-critical. There is a one-stop solution that 340B experts have used since 2019: the annual 340B Trends & Hot Topics module from the Apexus Advanced 340B Operations Certificate Program. Apexus experts keep the module current with the latest 340B news, legislative activity, and operational challenges and solutions affecting all 340B stakeholders.
In the new 340B Trends & Hot Topics module, 340B stakeholders can explore various 340B expert perspectives regarding strategies for implementing a compliant 340B program in their respective entities.
The newest 340B Trends & Hot Topics module covers a range of 340B hot topics, including the following:
- Emerging manufacturer models used to facilitate 340B product access and unique compliance considerations
- The 340B landscape resulting from current state trends and legislative activities such as administrative dispute resolution (ADR), movement from managed care organizations (MCOs) to fee-for-service (FFS) models, and reimbursement related legislation
- Operational considerations for potential entity type conversions due to changes in disproportionate-share hospital (DSH) percentages and more
Each year, Apexus accepts applications from 340B consultants to contribute content to the new Apexus Advanced 340B Operations Certificate Program update module based on experiences in the field. This year’s consultant contributors were Blue & Co and Turnkey Pharmacy Solutions, a SpendMend Company. The contributors provided valuable insights on key topics and collaborated with Apexus to review the full module.
The new 340B Trends & Hot Topics module is now available and can be accessed by selecting 340B Trends & Hot Topics 2022 in the Apexus Education Portal catalog. Once completed, learners will earn 1.5 hours of continuing education credit by following the details for claiming the continuing education credit included at the end of the module.
In addition to covering the latest news and updates, the 340B Trends & Hot Topics module allows 340B Apexus Certified Experts (ACEs) to fulfill their recertification requirement and maintain their 340B ACE designation in the 340B marketplace. ACEs who are ready to refresh their knowledge and are within 60 days of their certification expiration can renew their 340B certification for another two years by reviewing the 340B Trends & Hot Topics module and successfully passing the accompanying recertification exam.
340B Trends & Hot Topics Benefits at a Glance
- Stay up to date on 340B trends and hot topics
- Explore 340B operational strategies from various stakeholder perspectives
- Validate your 340B expertise by maintaining an industry-recognized credential
- Earn 1.5 hours of continuing education credit
The Apexus Advanced 340B Operations Certificate program is the industry standard and the only one-stop source for comprehensive 340B information compiled and updated by recognized experts in the field. Many 340B stakeholder groups, including covered entities and consulting firms, have added the 340B ACE credential to their job descriptions for 340B-related positions.
Cathy Klem, CPhT, 340B ACE, 340B Program Administrator, Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters, illustrates the importance of the program: “The confidence I gained from obtaining the ACE designation has been derived through the thoroughness of the certificate program. The competency validated by Apexus gives you the opportunity to positively impact your covered entity, its patients, and the community you serve.”
Recertifying as an ACE not only benefits the organization you represent, but it also validates your in-depth, up-to-date expertise and positions you as a leader in the marketplace.
Take Four Steps to Recertify
- Select the module 340B Trends & Hot Topics 2022 in the Apexus Education Portal catalog.
- Submit $200 payment to access the module.
- View the module to learn the latest about 340B regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Take the recertification exam to renew your credentials as a 340B ACE.
Are you considering pursuing certification as a 340B ACE? Or do you have questions about the Apexus Advanced 340B Certificate Program’s new 340B Trends & Hot Topics module? For additional information, visit 340BACE.com, email 340Bcertificate@apexus.com, or call 888.340.2787.
The Advanced 340B Operations Certificate Program is a separate Apexus offering that is not a part of the 340B Prime Vendor Program or otherwise associated with the Prime Vendor Agreement between HRSA and Apexus.
BECOME A 340B EXPERT.
Health systems demand 340B expertise. Validate your 340B skills with the Apexus Advanced 340B Operations Certificate Program and become an Apexus Certified Expert.Take the Entrance Exam