PGY2 Health-System Pharmacy Administration Rotation Essentials
Residents will be responsible for their own airfare and/or travel arrangements to and from Irving, Texas. For residents who are considering flying, housing is conveniently located near Dallas Fort Worth International Airport.
Previous residents have driven or flown to Texas. Those opting to fly have chosen to either rent a car for the duration of their four week stay, or they have walked to work and used the public transportation system to explore all that Dallas has to offer. The DART Rail system is accessible ~one mile away from the condominium. For further details about the DART Rail System, please visit the DART website.
If offered a position to rotate on site at Apexus, prior to beginning the rotation, residents will need to complete the following:
- Review the Apexus.com and the 340BPVP.com web sites of Apexus to become familiar with the content and layout.
- Complete 340B University OnDemand. Participation in a live 340B University session prior to the learning experience is strongly encouraged.
- Review the published 340B Frequently Asked Questions on the Apexus 340B Prime Vendor Program website.
- From the 340BPVP web site, note the login link in the top right corner of the home page. This link will take you to the secure web site. Please ask your 340B coordinator to share the login information with you for your site so that you can review the functionality of the secure PVP web site. You will enjoy running some reports from this site for your covered entity, e.g., the opportunity savings report and the penny pricing report. This will give you a good jump start when you get to Apexus.
- Familiarize yourself with the various 340B related resources and tools available to covered entities.
- Reference the HRSA 340B database and become familiar with the process for searching for covered entities and participating manufacturers. You can also see how entities may register, file change requests, and generate reports.
Successful candidates will be emailed specific instructions prior to the start of their rotation.