Setting the Standard In 340B Education
Published in 340B Report
September 21, 2021
When it comes to operating a 340B program, health systems, hospitals, and other entities that participate in the federal drug pricing program administered by HRSA have found that hiring graduates of the Apexus Advanced 340B Operations Certificate Program is helping them achieve compliance and implement a successful 340B program.
In the five years since Apexus established the Advanced 340B Operations Certificate Program in 2016, it has become the standard 340B education in the marketplace. Metrics from the baseline knowledge exam compared to final exam scores prove that learners increase their 340B knowledge by 30% after completing the Operations Certificate Program. Upon successfully completing the Apexus Advanced 340B Operations Certificate, learners join the elite group of Apexus Certified Experts (ACE) nationwide. This self-led online education also provides learners with more than 30 hours of continuing education credit.
For the more than 1,000 graduates across the nation, their credential as a 340B ACE is helping them transform policy into practice for their entities. It is making a difference in their careers by distinguishing them as recognized and trusted experts in 340B management and compliance. The 340B Apexus Certified Expert Search public lookup database allows hiring managers and 340B program leaders at covered entities to verify interested candidate’s 340B knowledge base, as well as validate consultant or vendor 340B expertise. Many organizations are now including being an ACE as a requirement for job descriptions and including it in RFPs when in the market to select an ideal 340B vendor for their program.
To support ongoing operational integrity, the Apexus Advanced 340B Operations Certificate Program also offers entities a portfolio of exclusive tools and resources including:
- Webinars on topics including Waste and Expired Medications, Borrow/Lend and Buy/Sell Considerations, and Telehealth, Home Infusion and Site Expansions.
- Centralized Services Center (CSC) Tools to help covered entities operationalize 340B accumulation methodologies, address checklist questions when moving services to a CSC, and maintain compliance when performing compounding and repackaging services.
- Contract Pharmacy Tool Kit including a Policy and Procedures Manual and Guide for Initiating a Contract Pharmacy Arrangement.
- Inventory Management Tool Kit including borrow/lend and buy/sell guidelines for covered entities, use of external pharmacies for compounding and repackaging services, accounting practices for medication waste and expired drugs, protocols for managing shortages and purchasing private-label medications, and tools to implement compliant purchasing practices for special order drugs.
To help ACEs and all other 340B stakeholders stay abreast of 340B news and legislative activity, Apexus releases a “340B Trends & Hot Topics” module each year. In addition to bringing awareness to varying topics within the 340B landscape, the 340B Trends and Hot Topics module also allows ACEs to fulfill their recertification requirement and maintain their designation in the 340B marketplace.
In addition to these resources, 340B Apexus Certified Experts benefit from a community of peers through a private LinkedIn group connecting 340B experts nationwide.
Advanced 340B Operations Certificate Benefits at a Glance
- Get in-depth insight into 340B requirements from standard 340B education in the marketplace
- Learn best practices in transforming policy into practice
- Become part of an elite group of ACEs
- Understand how to mitigate potential compliance challenges and improve audit preparedness initiatives
- Access exclusive 340B tools and resources, on-demand learning, and annual “Hot Topics and Trends”
For covered entities seeking expertise in all aspects of 340B management, the Apexus Advanced 340B Operations Certificate Program is a recognized industry education designed for those in high-impact 340B roles including:
- 340B Managers/Coordinators
- Pharmacy Directors
- Suppliers and Software Vendors
Learn more about the Apexus Advanced 340B Certificate Program. Call 888-340-2787 or email 340Bcertificate@apexus.com for additional information.
The Advanced 340B Operations Certificate Program is a separate Apexus offering that is not a part of the 340B Prime Vendor Program or otherwise associated with the Prime Vendor Agreement between HRSA and Apexus.
BECOME A 340B EXPERT.
Health systems demand 340B expertise. Validate your 340B skills with the Apexus Advanced 340B Operations Certificate Program and become an Apexus Certified Expert.Take the Entrance Exam